Thursday, August 27, 2009

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! :) :(




This day is really a bitter sweet day for me. I love that Dillan is growing and learning but it is all happening WAY WAY WAY to FAST! First grade WOW. As I put Dillan on the bus this morning a few things went through my mind. 1. AM I really old enough to have a first grader? 2. Am I doing as good a job as I need to. 3. If not how do I do better to ensure that she is making all the right friends and decisions. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have gray hair by the end of this year. And at the very young age of 26.


Well enough about me I'm sure you are all dieing to hear whether she woke up this morning or not and, she did. But I'm sure once the first day excitement has worn off she wont be so eager at 6:30. I'll let you know tomorrow how she does.


I hope all of my other first grade moms are hanging in there, good luck to you guys!

3 comments:

Maclaine & Sara said...

Makell has preschool two days a week this year--that's enough growing up for now. Good luck Dillan! Oh, and she looks really cute in her pictures. :)

Richins Family said...

So fun!!! She is such a pretty girl. Hope she had a good day. 1st grade - how did we get here? Hang in there. You are such a good mom, and atleast we know they are in this together. :)

Chris and Michelle said...

She looks so cute!! AND YOU ARE doing a GREAT job. you have a great family with great kids! the t-roo family.