Sunday, June 14, 2009

WAGONS SOUTH!!!

On Friday and Saturday the family participated in the Heritage Festival. It was the third annual one and it is were a bunch of people with wagons and horses ride from Henefer to Coalville one day and then from Coalville to Wanship the other. We got involved because we have the big Belgians and a cool wagon.
On Friday Curtis and I rode our horses and then on Saturday we rode in the Wagon with Kent. Here we are taking a stop at the Kozy so some of us can pee. Casyn was cold so he needed is Blanket
Just a little cheeser from me and my man.
Kamry was so good she just chilled in the Wagon with Grandma Denise and never made a peep.


It started to rain so they stuck her in a cubby whole inside the wagon under the benches.



This is Saturday and what the team looks like from on top of the wagon.




Casyn helping Grandpa Kent drive the team.






Another cold day.





















This was the view from the front. We were the head team and there were about 14 teams behind us plus outriders. (people on horses.)


So this was our fun filled relaxing weekend. We had a lot of fun and it was nice to be doing what we love with our animals. I hope everyone is having a fun summer so far. Talk to you soon.








5 comments:

anne said...

Only in Coalville...

Maclaine & Sara said...

Oops, I forgot about this event. I am glad you and your family had fun, I love all of the pictures. I can't remember the last time I rode a horse...it's been a while. :) Cute background by the way. You & your love for the 4th of July!

Williams Whoop-la said...

You guys looked great, what troopers you were through the rain. My kids are still talking about the ride in the "pioneer wagon" with Tom & Kathy. They have a new name for their horses-Max and Jenny! Your pics are great!

Christian said...

I've only been gone 3 years and you guys have gone from slight hicks to total hicks.

Christian said...

Curtis you're wearing cowboy hats now?