Monday, June 16, 2008

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL MY DADS

Unlike most people I was born with two dad's and got a third later in life and then two more even later in life then that...Let me explain so I don't confuse those who don't really know my childhood situations. I was born to a Mother (KaeLyne), A Dad (Dale), and a Grandpa (Ken). My parents didn't have the best of marriages so when I was 5 they got divorced. My grandpa took up the slack and when my mom moved us to Logan he came and got me every weekend. When I was in High school my grandpa never missed an event. Even when we went to state drill team in Boise Idaho. As I got older my mom remarried and I got the best dad ever Frank who I call dad. Next to grandpa Ken I couldn't ask for a better dad. He always took me and my sister everywhere. Roping, Rodeo's, with him to shoe horses, moving pipe, cutting, baling, or hauling hay and anywhere else. As I got older I meet Curtis and Kent. Kent instantly became one of my best friend and when you can't find me with Curtis (my other best friend) you can find me hanging out on the farm with Kent. A year or two later Curtis became a dad and Is the most amazing dad ever...not much of a babysitter...but a great dad non the less. Our kids love to be with dad, and he is always making me laugh! So to all my dad's I love you and you each holder a special spot in my life that will never be forgotten or replaced!

1 comment:

Maclaine & Sara said...

Tyra- thanks for explaining because although I know your childhood stuff, I was still confused at first. I think it is all pretty darn awesome! You guys need to come see the puppies. Bring the family soon because they should have their eyes open in the next couple of days. I guess our husbands are over in Park City today huh? Hmm..do you think they are really working or goofing off? I am sure both. Quite the loving spouses we have..especially when they are together. They are so entertaining, I love it!